Pride Celebration 🏳️🌈
Saturday, June 10, 2023
Join us as we celebrate the uniqueness of our visitors and Philadelphia community. Pride will feature opportunities for face painting, musical expression, a collaborative mural, special storytimes, and more. All events are free with Museum admission.
Come and explore what makes you the amazing, unique, YOU that you are through song and dance with our guest teaching artist, Miles Crabtree.
Collaborative Pride Mural
Get messy as we express ourselves in a collaborative mural in Hamilton Hall!
Disco Dance Party
The disco scene was greatly influenced by the LGBTQIA+ community. Join us for disco-themed dress-up and a dance party where we learn some groovy new moves and express ourselves through dance!
Design your very own self portrait puppet with Philadelphia’s puppet masters, Spiral Q!
Yoga & Movement with Robbie Crowthers
Join us for yoga and movement sessions with Robbie Crowthers
Express yourself with a colorful design!
Plus, join us for special programming including:
- Snapping a photo in our photobooth to commemorate your visit
- Learning about movement in art as you crate a mixed media drawing inspired by the art of Keith Haring in the Creative Arts Studio
- Making reusable glow sticks in the Albert M. Greenfield Makerspace
- Dancing with colorful scarves and pompoms during our Tot Spot program in Nature’s Pond
- Following the beat and stomping your feet during our End of Day Parade
Pride Resource Page
PTM’s Pride Resource Page contains a series of resources for educating parents and families on LGBTQIA+ issues and how to talk to young children about identity.
Thanks to our sponsor for Pride: