Monday-Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Christmas Eve: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
New Years Eve: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Members and children under age 1: Free
Adults and children 1 and older: $19
Carousel Rides: $3
Unlimited Carousel Rides: $5Buy Tickets
Becoming a member is the ultimate way to visit and save. In fact, a membership to the Museum pays for itself by your second visit of the year!See Memberships
4321 Avenue of the Republic Philadelphia, PA 19131
We are just minutes away from Exit 341 (Montgomery Drive) off I-76 (Schuykill Expressway)
- Turn west onto Montgomery Drive
- Turn left onto Belmont Avenue
- Turn left onto Avenue of the Republic
$12 per car (Free for members)
Free on-street parking
Taking public transportation
Bus Route 38 stops at Memorial Hall
Bus Routes 40, 43, and 64 stop within walking distance
Take any Regional Rail train to Suburban Station, and then take the Route 38 bus from 15th Street and JFK Boulevard
Memorial Hall is Stop 13
Explore Please Touch Museum before you visit.
- Launch a rocket and see how much force is needed to send it sailing through the spinning rings.
- Take charge at the Mission Control console.
- Glance up at our planetary neighbors hanging from the ceiling.
- Navigate your way through the city in the driver’s seat of the SEPTA bus.
- Assemble your own cars at the Please Touch Garage.
- Invent your own unique flavors at the Bassetts Ice Cream Stand.
- Search through the gallery by controlling the Helicopter Camera high above the city.
- Concoct a tasty creation at the City Park food stand.
The Kids Shop
Woodside Park Dentzel Carousel
Please Touch Garden
- Smell the herbs and try to guess which is which.
- Observe how much the tomato plants have grown since your last visit.
- Run through the Canopy where the colored ceiling casts interesting patterns on the ground.
- Outsmart your friend in a good-natured game of tic-tac-toe.
Please Touch Museum Café
- Float a boat down the river and learn about buoyancy.
- Pump water through pipes, tubes and passageways and see the effects it has.
- Switch the locks and dams to adjust flow.
- Explore the sights and sounds of the marsh in Nature’s Pond Toddler Area.
Hello From Japan!
- Roast a marshmallow around the campfire as you take turns telling stories.
- Find out who is awake in the forest at night.
- Gaze up at the twinkling stars in the night sky.
- Move the magnetic gears around the Gear Wall to ring the bell and turn on the light.
- Analyze insect specimens.
- Tap out a message in Morse code.
- Peer through the periscope.
- Construct something new and unique every time you visit.
- Build a structure with Magnatiles on the light table that glows as it grows.
- Read a book while sitting beside the fireplace.
- Host a tea party around the rustic kitchen table.
Healthy Me: Market + Bimbo Bakeries USA Bistro
- Select your ingredients for dinner and find them in the supermarket.
- Assemble and serve a tasty sandwich in the Bistro.
Healthy Me: Children's Hospital
- Scan a doll on the x-ray or MRI machines in the hospital.
Healthy Me: Front Step Toddler Area
- Tend your urban garden.
- Navigate the hedge maze on your way to the Mad Hatter’s endless tea party.
- Paint the roses red and watch as they change color before your eyes.
- Find the shrinking hallway as you wind through the Hall of Mirrors.
- Play a game of croquet with flamingos and hedgehogs.
- Travel into the pages of classic children’s stories in Fairytale Garden Toddler Area.
- Locate Memorial Hall in the massive historic recreation of the 1876 World’s Fair.
- Set up a wooden train set that can span half of the gallery.
- Ring the bell in the locomotive of a train.
Rotate Your Device
The Kids Shop
Continue to play at home by stopping in to The Kids Shop, offering toys, games and more designed to help children learn. All proceeds support Please Touch Museum.
Online store coming soon
Photography and video
You may use still and video cameras in the Museum. At the same time, note that we routinely capture images, video and audio for promotional purposes. Your entrance into the Museum constitutes your consent to be photographed and appear in promotional materials. Visitors may alert the admissions desk if they would like to opt out of participation in promotional photos and videos.
Visitor safety and security is of the utmost importance to us. Please be aware that security cameras are in use throughout the Museum.
Please Touch Museum is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property. Please be mindful of your personal belongings when visiting the Museum.
For the safety of our visitors and staff, no weapons of any kind (concealed or open carry), firearms or hazardous materials are permitted in the Museum or its grounds. The Museum is committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment. Anyone possessing any dangerous materials will be asked to remove them from our premises immediately.