Visit the Museum with free admission on three designated Sundays this summer and learn healthy habits that will prepare children for a great start to the next school year.
ABOUT READY SET SCHOOL
Please Touch Museum’s school readiness campaign offers families the chance to learn about healthy habits and practices through play-based experiences, while enjoying free admission on three designated Sundays during Summer 2023. We know that when children are healthy in mind, body, and spirit, they are READY and SET to learn in SCHOOL.
Free Community Days
Ready to Learn
August 27, 2023 | 11 am to 4:30 pm
Explore programming focused on building social-emotional skills that are critical to success in learning, including:
- Play-based activities and games that build listening, collaboration, and critical thinking skills.
- Music & movement programming and dramatic play in the Museum’s theater.
- Special story times that explore big feelings and how to manage them.
- Enrollment and program information for the Museum’s School Readiness programs.
June 25, 2023 | 11 am to 4:30 pm
Explore game-based programming centered on skills that families and children can build upon together over the summer, including:
- Rhyming sing along and Museum scavenger hunt activities to build phonemic awareness.
- Games that build letter identification skills while encouraging physical play.
- Special story times and puppet theater to build reading skills.
- Sensory activities that give children the opportunity to get messy with shaving cream, slime, or sand while practicing writing skills.
Fueling Your Mind & Body
July 30, 2023 | 11 am to 4:30 pm
Engage in programming focused on mental and physical health, food access and nutrition, including:
- Yoga, dance, or movement workshops to get families moving.
- Baseball challenges in our traveling exhibit, Big League Fun
- Science programming focused on heart-health in the Albert M. Greenfield Makerspace.
- Family Mindfulness workshops
- Garden and Food & Family programs that explore fun ways to get outside and discover how food fuels our bodies.
Ready. Set. School. is made possible by support from: