Saturday, February 11
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Learn about and celebrate your emotions with dance, music, workshops, and more!
Yoga & Meditation
10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Emoji Face Painting
10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Music with Ants on a Log
12 p.m to 1 p.m.
Equilibrium Dance Academy
Peter & The Wolf with The Puppet Co.
1-1:45 and 2-2:45 p.m.
Drumming as Expression
1:30-2 and 2:30-3 p.m.
Alex & The Kaleidoscope
Emoji Photo Booth
Art Workshop: Self Portraits
1, 2, and 3 p.m.
Explore expression, feelings, and color as you use watercolor and ink to make an expressive self-portrait.
Makerspace: Owl Pellets — Ew or Ooh?
1:30, 2:30, and 3:30 p.m.
Who said things can’t be gross and cool at the same time? Dissect an owl pellet and learn about what owls eat!
Tot Spot: Felt Feelings
10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Our youngest visitors will use felt picture boards to create different facial expressions that help us identify how we may be feeling.
Storytime: The Color Monster
11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
The Color Monster’s feelings are all mixed up, and we need your help to sort them so he can feel better! Join us for this colorful storytime all about making sense of our feelings.
Often, you can look at someone’s face or body language as a clue to how they may be feeling. Practice this important social-emotional skill with a classic game of charades!
For centuries, stage-actors have used masks to convey big emotion. Join us as we honor this long tradition by making our own emotion masks!
Be sure to stop by our temporary exhibit, Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out! Explore the important role emotions, memory and imagination play in our everyday lives through hands-on and digital experiences focused on the five emotions featured in the award-winning film: Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear.
In this exhibit, visitors can:
- Step into headquarters to explore the range and intensity of emotions at the Control Panel
- Explore some of the ways we show how we feel with our faces and bodies at the Emotions Mirrors
- Think about an important memory and how it made you feel — or show how you are feeling right now by creating a glowing Memory Sphere
- Use your imagination to create a story and perform it at Dream Productions
- Work to keep the train on track — what feelings do you have when you control and balance the Train of Thought?
- Explore how emotions work together as you stack and balance the Emotion Blocks