Prepared to Play
We have consulted with experts; invested in hospital-grade disinfecting methodologies; and followed federal, state, and local guidelines to provide a welcoming and clean Museum experience for all.
Please learn about our operational procedures designed to create a safe and memorable Museum experience for the children and families we so proudly serve!
We are grateful to Barbara Klock, MD, retired physician from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, who reviews and approves our operational plan on an ongoing basis.
We’re ready to play.
All visitors – Members, General Admission and ACCESS Card Holders – must make online reservations in advance. Please see our FAQ page for answers to common questions or email us at email@example.com.
HOURS OF OPERATION
We are open Wednesdays through Sundays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All current memberships as of March 14, 2020 were frozen with no time lost. We reactivated all memberships in April upon our reopening and the remaining time on your membership as of March 14, 2020 is in effect. We encourage new families preparing to visit us to learn about the cost-saving benefits of becoming Members of Please Touch Museum.
INDOOR DINING – VACCINE REQUIREMENT
To comply with the City of Philadelphia’s vaccine requirement for indoor dining starting on January 3, 2022, families who wish to purchase food and beverage to eat in our on-site Café during their visit must show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test for all guests in their party (ages 5 years and 3 months+) to our Café operator, Brûlée Catering, before purchase, through January 17. After January 17, only proof of vaccination will be accepted, per the City’s mandate.
Please Touch Museum will continue to allow all visitors to bring outside food and beverages to the Museum, which must be consumed at designated tables.
Children and their grownups do not need to show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test to enter and enjoy Please Touch Museum and its exhibits/programs.
STAYING SQUEAKY CLEAN
We all have a part to play in keeping the Museum clean and safe for all. Here are a few things to know and ways you can help during your visit:
- The Museum follows all CDC and City of Philadelphia guidelines.
- MASKS: Beginning July 28, 2021, well-fitting face masks are required for everyone age 2+, regardless of vaccination status, during a visit to the Museum. This update is in accordance with the current recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the City of Philadelphia Department of Public Health.
- Clean props are placed into exhibits each morning. If a prop becomes dirty, please place it in a designated red bin or alert a staff member.
- Exhibits are cleaned with hospital-grade and EPA-approved cleaning products every day and high touch surfaces are cleaned during operating hours.
- Staff members submit a daily health-assessment prior to arrival at the Museum and 100% of staff are fully vaccinated.
- Eating and drinking in the Museum’s exhibit areas is prohibited. Guests may eat in the Café after meeting the City of Philadelphia’s vaccine requirement or in designated areas.
- Touchless hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the Museum for use between handwashing.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM OUR MUSEUM STAFF DURING YOUR VISIT!
Know before you go.
The magic and wonder at Please Touch Museum continues. Please read important information below to learn what to expect prior to your visit.
- Online reservations are required for everyone! Make a reservation today.
- Museum is open Wednesdays through Sundays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- High touch surface areas are cleaned during operating hours and the Museum is deep cleaned on days we are closed to the public.
- Please prepay for parking prior to your arrival at the Museum. Parking is free for members. Explore the benefits of Membership.
- MASKS: Well-fitting face masks are required for everyone age 2+, regardless of vaccination status, during a visit to the Museum. This is in accordance with the current recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the City of Philadelphia Department of Public Health.
- Our water fountains and filling stations are closed. Please bring filled water bottles with you. The Café will sell bottled water.
- Smocks at River Adventures are back on the floor!
- Our coat room is now open; the Museum is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Strollers and wheelchairs are permitted in the Museum.
- Unlimited Carousel rides are $5 per child (one caregiver per child rides free). Rides are available for purchase at the Admission Desk, they are not available online. Members ride free.
- Prior to the day of your visit, if someone in your party has been sick in the past 48 hours or has been exposed to COVID-19, please call 215-581-3181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your reservation to a future date. All purchased tickets are non-refundable and transfer requests must be made within 7 days of your original reservation date. We will not honor a transfer if we are not notified of the request within the 7 day grace period.
During your visit.
While you are at the Museum, please know:
- Several exhibits are temporarily closed or have been modified due to the nature of the experience. The Market and kitchen areas are closed for a previously announced exhibit redesign. Please see our FAQs page for a listing of closed or modified exhibits.
- If your child places an exhibit prop in their mouth, please put the item in a designated red bin for sanitizing.
- Please visit our restrooms for frequent handwashing and look for hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum.
- Eating in the Museum exhibit areas is prohibited. Guests may eat in the Café or in designated areas. Help keep our Museum clean by using trash cans.
- Please follow all instructions by Museum staff.
- Explore our brand new permanent exhibit, Centennial Innovations, where your child can think big about how to change the world and create your own invention by tinkering in our new Albert M. Greenfield Makerspace.