Prepared to Play
We have consulted with experts; invested in hospital-grade disinfecting methodologies; followed federal, state, and local guidelines; and reimagined our exhibit experiences to provide a welcoming, clean, and low-touch Museum experience for all.
Please learn about our updated operational procedures designed to create a safe and memorable Museum experience for the children and families we so proudly serve!
We are grateful to Barbara Klock, MD, retired physician from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, who reviewed and approved our reopening plan.
Reopening Dates & Online Reservations
The Museum will be open for members only during our first two weekends: April 8-11 and April 15-18. New memberships are available for those who wish to come to the Museum during our first two weekends!
April 8-11 & April 15-18
The GIANT Company is sponsoring FREE ADMISSION for the public from April 22-25 to celebrate the opening of PTM, including fun giveaways! Donations to the Museum are encouraged and reservations are required.
April 22 – 25
Open April 29 & 30
PNC Bank is sponsoring FREE ADMISSION for the public on May 1 & 2 to celebrate the opening of PTM. Donations to the Museum are encouraged and reservations are required. Regular admission rates apply on April 29 & 30.
Free on May 1 & 2 Only
We’re ready to play when you are.
MANAGING CROWD SIZE & ONLINE RESERVATIONS
All visitors – Members, General Admission and ACCESS Card Holders – must make online reservations in advance in order to manage crowd size and allow for proper social distancing. Please see our FAQ page for answers to common questions or email us at email@example.com.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Two Sessions on Thursdays through Sundays:
- Morning Session: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Closed for cleaning: 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Afternoon Session: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We are closed to visitors Mondays through Wednesdays for immersive cleaning and Museum planning.
All current memberships as of March 14, 2020 have been frozen with no time lost. We will reactivate all memberships in April upon our reopening and the remaining time on your membership as of March 14, 2020 will be in effect. We encourage new families preparing to visit us to learn about the cost-saving benefits of becoming Members of Please Touch Museum.
STAYING SQUEAKY CLEAN
We all have a part to play in keeping the Museum clean and safe for all. Here are a few things to know and ways you can help during your visit:
- Well-fitting masks must be worn over the nose and mouth for everyone age 2 and over. Gaiters must be two layers or folded to make two layers. Face shields alone are not an acceptable form of face covering.
- Clean props are placed into exhibits at the beginning of each morning and afternoon session. If a prop becomes dirty, please place it in a designated bin or alert a staff member.
- Exhibits are cleaned with hospital-grade and EPA-approved cleaning products after each morning and afternoon session.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces occurs during the morning and afternoon sessions.
- Staff members will submit a daily health-assessment prior to arrival at the Museum.
- Eating and drinking in the Museum’s exhibit areas is prohibited and outside food is not permitted. Guests may eat in the Café or in our outdoor dining area.
- Touchless hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the Museum for use between handwashing.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM OUR MUSEUM STAFF DURING YOUR VISIT AND LOOK FOR SQUIGGLES’ NEW FRIENDS ON OUR SIGNAGE TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE AND FOLLOW THE NEW RULES!
Know before you go.
Sure, things may seem a little different, but the magic and wonder at Please Touch Museum continues. Please read important information below to learn what to expect prior to your visit. (Psst! Carousel rides are free for a limited time and two brand new experiences: Centennial Innovations and the Albert M. Greenfield Makerspace will be open!)
- Online reservations are required for everyone! Make a reservation today.
- Museum is open Thursday through Sunday for a morning session from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and an afternoon session from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., allowing for midday and end of day sanitizing. High touch surface areas will be cleaned during operating hours and the Museum will be deep cleaned on days we are closed to the public.
- Please prepay for parking prior to your arrival at the Museum. Parking is free for members. Explore the benefits of Membership.
- Proper fitting masks that cover the mouth and nose are required for all visitors ages 2+. Gaiters must be two layers or folded to make two layers. Face shields alone are not an acceptable form of face covering. If a member of your party arrives without a mask, you will be provided a mask in order to enter the Museum. If you have a child with sensory or health-related issues where mask-wearing is a challenge, please alert a member of our Admission team upon arrival.
- Our water fountains and filling stations are closed. Please bring filled water bottles with you. The Café will sell bottled water.
- Smocks at River Adventures and in our Creative Arts Studio are temporarily unavailable. Please bring a smock or change of clothes with you if desired.
- Our coat room is closed. Be prepared to carry all items with you during your visit. Strollers and wheelchairs are permitted in the Museum.
- Carousel rides are included with all admissions for a limited time! Please read the signage at the Carousel House entrance for ride times and operating procedures.
- Prior to the day of your visit, if someone in your party has been sick in the past 48 hours or has been exposed to COVID-19, please call 215-581-3184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your reservation to a future date. All purchased tickets are non-refundable.
During your visit.
While you are at the Museum, please know:
- Several exhibits are temporarily closed due to social distancing requirements or have been modified due to the nature of the props in the experience. The Market and kitchen areas are closed for a previously announced exhibit redesign. Please see our FAQs page for a listing of closed or modified exhibits.
- If your child places an exhibit prop in their mouth, please put the item in a designated bin for sanitizing.
- Please visit our restrooms for frequent handwashing and look for hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum.
- Eating in the Museum exhibit areas is prohibited. Guests may eat in the Café or outdoor dining area. Help keep our Museum clean by using trash cans.
- Please follow all instructions by Museum staff and the signage throughout the Museum to help promote social distancing and the cleanliness of our exhibits. Signs with Squiggles and their new friends are posted throughout the Museum!
- Explore our brand new permanent exhibit, Centennial Innovations, where your child can think big about how to change the world and create your own invention by tinkering in our new Albert M. Greenfield Makerspace.
- And don’t forget, Carousel rides are free upon reopening for a limited time!