Prepared to Play
We have consulted with experts; invested in hospital-grade disinfecting methodologies; and followed federal, state, and local guidelines to provide a welcoming and clean Museum experience for all.
Please learn about our operational procedures designed to create a safe and memorable Museum experience for the children and families we so proudly serve!
We are grateful to Barbara Klock, MD, retired physician from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, who reviews and approves our operational plan on an ongoing basis.
We’re ready to play.
All visitors – Members, General Admission and ACCESS Card Holders – must make online reservations in advance. Please see our FAQ page for answers to common questions or email us at email@example.com.
HOURS OF OPERATION
We are open Mondays & Wednesdays through Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed to visitors on Tuesdays.
All current memberships as of March 14, 2020 were frozen with no time lost. We reactivated all memberships in April upon our reopening and the remaining time on your membership as of March 14, 2020 is in effect. We encourage new families preparing to visit us to learn about the cost-saving benefits of becoming Members of Please Touch Museum.
Learn more about our Membership options
Masks are optional for visitors and staff at the Museum. We support individual choice regarding masks and ask for respectful engagement with others while enjoying a day of play at the Museum. We will continue to follow all health and safety guidelines from the City of Philadelphia and the CDC.
STAYING SQUEAKY CLEAN
We all have a part to play in keeping the Museum clean and safe for all. Here are a few things to know and ways you can help during your visit:
- The Museum follows all CDC and City of Philadelphia guidelines.
- Clean props are placed into exhibits each morning. If a prop becomes dirty, please place it in a designated red bin or alert a staff member.
- Exhibits are cleaned with hospital-grade and EPA-approved cleaning products every day and high touch surfaces are cleaned during operating hours.
- 100% of staff are fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 and vaccinated for influenza.
- Eating and drinking in the Museum’s exhibit areas is prohibited. Guests may eat in the Café, at designated tables in the Carousel House or Hamilton Hall, or outside in our Please Touch Garden, weather-permitting.
- Touchless hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the Museum for use between hand washing.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM OUR MUSEUM STAFF DURING YOUR VISIT!
Know before you go.
The magic and wonder at Please Touch Museum continues. Please read important information below to learn what to expect prior to your visit.
- Online reservations are required for everyone! Make a reservation today.
- Museum is open Mondays & Wednesdays through Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed to visitors on Tuesdays.
- High touch surface areas are cleaned during operating hours and the Museum is deep cleaned on days we are closed to the public.
- Parking in our gated lot is $16 and limited spaces are available. Payment for parking in the lot will be made upon arrival at the Admission desk. Parking is free for members. Explore the benefits of Membership.
- Masks are optional for visitors and staff at the Museum. We support individual choice regarding masks and ask for respectful engagement with others while enjoying a day of play at the Museum. We will continue to follow all health and safety guidelines from the City of Philadelphia and the CDC.
- Our coat room is open; the Museum is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Strollers and wheelchairs are permitted in the Museum.
- Unlimited Carousel rides are $5 per child (one caregiver per child rides free). Rides are available for purchase at the Admission Desk, they are not available online. Members ride free.
- Prior to the day of your visit, if someone in your party has been sick in the past 48 hours or has been exposed to COVID-19, please call 215-581-3181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your reservation to a future date. All purchased tickets are non-refundable and transfer requests must be made within 7 days of your original reservation date. We will not honor a transfer if we are not notified of the request within the 7 day grace period.
During your visit.
While you are at the Museum, please know:
- If your child places an exhibit prop in their mouth, please put the item in a designated red bin for sanitizing.
- Please visit our restrooms for frequent hand washing and look for hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum.
- Eating in the Museum exhibit areas is prohibited. Guests may eat in the Café at designated tables in the Carousel House or Hamilton Hall, or outside in our Please Touch Garden, weather-permitting. Help keep our Museum clean by using trash cans.
- Please follow all instructions by Museum staff.