Storybooks Come to Life over Spring Break
Daily Character Appearances
Each day a different story comes to life! Meet some of your favorite literary characters as they read your favorite tales!
- Easter Bunny – April 13th
- Storybook Ball – April 14th
- Alice – April 15th
- Jolly Nanny – April 16th
- Queen of Hearts – April 17th
- Hat Wearing Cat – April 19th
- America to Zanzibar Family Festival – April 20th
- Hatter – April 21st
- Kimberly Bakersville Storytime – April 22nd
- Glass Slipper Princess – April 23rd
- Fairy God Mother – April 24th
- Sleeping Princess – April 25th
- Cheshire Cat April – 26th
- Peter – April 27th
- Mother Goose – April 28th
Kick off Spring Break with Storybook Ball. See all of your favorite characters and enjoy special programming like a Character Quest and all new interactive scavenger hunt!
Enter the doors of Please Touch Castle and begin your quest! Meet fairy tale creatures, sneak into a dragon’s lair, ride the carousel with the queen, and learn to cast spells as we celebrate learning through play.
Thanks to our sponsor Early Childhood Environments.
The day of adventures will include:
- Please Touch Castle’s Character Quest
- Creative Arts Studio: Let’s Draw A Story
- Pop Up Playcorner: Dragon’s Lair
- Meet and Greet: The Academy of Natural Sciences
- Member’s Only Tea Party (Pre-registration required)
- Carousel Rides with the Queen
- The Franklin Institute’s Traveling Science Show
- Storytime with Marty the Moose
- End of the Day Storybook Ball and Grand Goodbye
Find out what it takes to bring a story to life! Meet some great children’s authors in our Storyteller Series.
Hena Khan is the award-winning children’s author of picture books Golden Domes and Silver Lanterns, Crescent Moons and Pointed Minarets, Night of the Moon, It’s Ramadan, Curious George, and the new Under My Hijab. She also wrote Amina’s Voice, named a Best Book of 2017 by the Washington Post, NPR, and Kirkus Reviews, the Zayd Saleem: Chasing the Dream series, and the forthcoming More to the Story, out this September. Learn more about Hena at www.henakhan.com.
Veteran artist and educator Kimberly Baskerville is an acclaimed fixture among Philadelphia’s visual art circles. She is renowned for her wondrous painting skills, on canvas, fabric or children’s glowing faces. For over 20 years, she’s been a favorite at area street festivals, art exhibits, community events and at sites like Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown, where her bubbly personality charms patrons as much as her creativity. And Baskerville’s are well-earned accolades, won by clients of all ages and supervisors happy they hired her.
Say it Out Loud! The Improv Show for Families
PTM Playhouse presents Say it Out Loud! The only improv show for children. Every show tells a different story because the audience gets to write it!
Our spring break showtimes include:
- April 17th at 12pm
- April 18th at 12:30pm & 2:30pm
- April 19th at 12:30pm & 2:30pm
- April 21st at 12:30pm & 2:30pm
- April 24th at 12pm
- April 26th at 12pm
- April 27th at 12:30pm & 2:30pm
- April 28th at 12:30pm & 2:30pm
America to Zanzibar Family Festival
Fuel up on imagination and creativity and travel with us from America to Zanzibar in this extra special Family Festival.
Write your own adventure as you explore cultures near in far in our groundbreaking new exhibit that celebrates diversity & acceptance. For decades, Please Touch Museum has been a place for families to explore and learn together. Our newest exhibit, America to Zanzibar: Muslim Cultures Near and Far, takes a bold step in addressing social issues while exploring culturally diverse populations here in Philadelphia and beyond.
The Special Event Includes :
- Pop- Up Play Corner: Sink or Float
- Discovery Zone: Maps and Globes
- Character Meet & Greet: Squiggles
- Movement Workshop: Dabkeh Dance with Ibrahim Miari
- A Chef Demo
- Storytime: Travel and Explore through Books