I. Information We Collect
We may collect two categories of information from you: (1) information that you provide directly to us and (2) information that we collect automatically.
1. Information You Provide
We collect any information that you provide during your use of our website and services, including your name; contact information such as email address, physical address, and telephone number; and payment information. We collect this information when you register for an account, submit an online form, request materials or information, and order tickets.
We use this information to register you for our services, provide you with the information you request, and complete your requested transactions. We may use this information to contact you with information about our events, activities, fundraising opportunities, and other things that we believe may interest you. You may opt-out of allowing us to use your information for these purposes by contacting us according to the How to Contact Us section, below.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to the information that you provide directly to us, we automatically collect certain information when you use our services. This information may include device information, website navigation information, location information, and information regarding how you use our services. We collect this information to analyze and optimize the performance of our services and ensure their functionality.
2(a). Cookies and Online Trackers
We use the following types of cookies on the website:
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of the Site and enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Disabling these Cookies can negatively impact performance.
- Analytics, Performance and Research Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on the website. They can be used to improve the functioning of the website. For example, these Cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the website. Analytics Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve them and to optimize the website’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences.
- Social Networking Cookies. These Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third-party social networking and other websites. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
2(b). Managing Your Cookies
It may be possible to block Cookies by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some cookies. If you choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our services.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org.
II. How We Share Your Personal Information
PTM does not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with our service providers, our partners, pursuant to your request or legitimate interest, or as required by law. We share this information where it is necessary to provide you with a requested service or information. You should be aware that PTM contracts with third-party vendors to provide certain services on our website. Use of these services is subject to the privacy policies of such third-party vendors.
If you have any questions about how we share your personal information, please contact us in accordance with the How to Contact Us section, below.
III. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have implemented a variety of administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process, and store and the current state of technology.
IV. Children’s Data
We are especially concerned with the safety and security of information relating to children. To that end, we limit the collection of information relating to a child to that which is necessary for the specific service being offered. We do not collect personal information directly from children or provide children with a means for publicly posting or sharing their information.
If you believe that we have inadvertently collected the personal information of a child, please email us in accordance with the How to Contact Us section, below.
V. How to Contact Us
Please Touch Museum
4231 Avenue of the Republic
Philadelphia, PA 19131