Permanent Exhibits + Collections
Find a lesson wherever their curiosity leads and explore the attractions that have been entertaining young minds for years.
Woodside Park Dentzel Carousel
Take a spin on our glimmering carousel built over 100 years ago and make new friends with the horses, cats, rabbits, pigs and goats that call this piece of history home.
Explore Please Touch Museum before you visit.
- Launch a rocket and see how much force is needed to send it sailing through the spinning rings.
- Take charge at the Mission Control console.
- Glance up at our planetary neighbors hanging from the ceiling.
- Navigate your way through the city in the driver’s seat of the SEPTA bus.
- Assemble your own cars at the Please Touch Garage.
- Invent your own unique flavors at the Bassetts Ice Cream Stand.
- Search through the gallery by controlling the Helicopter Camera high above the city.
- Concoct a tasty creation at the City Park food stand.
The Kids Shop
Woodside Park Dentzel Carousel
Please Touch Garden
- Smell the herbs and try to guess which is which.
- Observe how much the tomato plants have grown since your last visit.
- Run through the Canopy where the colored ceiling casts interesting patterns on the ground.
- Outsmart your friend in a good-natured game of tic-tac-toe.
Please Touch Museum Café
- Float a boat down the river and learn about buoyancy.
- Pump water through pipes, tubes and passageways and see the effects it has.
- Switch the locks and dams to adjust flow.
- Explore the sights and sounds of the marsh in Nature’s Pond Toddler Area.
Hello From Japan!
- Roast a marshmallow around the campfire as you take turns telling stories.
- Find out who is awake in the forest at night.
- Gaze up at the twinkling stars in the night sky.
- Move the magnetic gears around the Gear Wall to ring the bell and turn on the light.
- Analyze insect specimens.
- Tap out a message in Morse code.
- Peer through the periscope.
- Construct something new and unique every time you visit.
- Build a structure with Magnatiles on the light table that glows as it grows.
- Read a book while sitting beside the fireplace.
- Host a tea party around the rustic kitchen table.
Healthy Me: Market + Bimbo Bakeries USA Bistro
- Select your ingredients for dinner and find them in the supermarket.
- Assemble and serve a tasty sandwich in the Bistro.
Healthy Me: Children's Hospital
- Scan a doll on the x-ray or MRI machines in the hospital.
Healthy Me: Front Step Toddler Area
- Tend your urban garden.
- Navigate the hedge maze on your way to the Mad Hatter’s endless tea party.
- Paint the roses red and watch as they change color before your eyes.
- Find the shrinking hallway as you wind through the Hall of Mirrors.
- Play a game of croquet with flamingos and hedgehogs.
- Travel into the pages of classic children’s stories in Fairytale Garden Toddler Area.
- Locate Memorial Hall in the massive historic recreation of the 1876 World’s Fair.
- Set up a wooden train set that can span half of the gallery.
- Ring the bell in the locomotive of a train.
Rotate Your Device