Porters are responsible for providing efficient, quality service to both Please Touch Museum guests and staff. Monitor and maintain the clean appearance of PTM’s galleries, back-of-house areas, and grounds to ensure an environment that promotes high guest satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable in custodial practices for public buildings.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing tasks from opening and closing checklists, as required.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of restrooms and all public areas.
- Respond to service calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor supply station(s) inventory levels and notify manager when re-stocking is required.
- Performs maintenance tasks, as scheduled.
- Ensure that Museum safety standards and sanitation requirements are followed. Use only approved chemical and cleaning materials.
- Set-up for scheduled in house events i.e. weddings, parties, and baby showers.
- Responsible for providing efficient, quality service to both guests and staff.
- Attend all training sessions and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- One-year experience in Custodial work and or Janitorial work.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA rules & regulations.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with MSD sheets.
- Ability to manage time and carry out and perform work assignments in a specific order, without constant direction. Work quickly, effectively, and responsibly.
- Team player, flexible, high energy, innovative, playful, good sense of humor.
- Must be willing and able to work one weeknight and or weekend night.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application please email email@example.com.
Please Touch Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, age veteran status, disability, citizenship, ethnicity language, socio-economic status, family or marital status or other classifications identified and protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, training, wage & salary administration, employee benefits, application of policies and other terms and conditions of employment.