The Part-time Visitor Experience Assistant will assist the Museum in providing best in class experiences, fostering inclusion, advancing our field, and strengthening the organization. Their work aligns and contributes to the Museum’s vision of a world where all children are creative, compassionate, confident, and curious. The Assistant will greet and orient all visitors, provide wayfinding, assist with ticket and/or membership sales, facilitate Museum programs, answer visitor questions regarding Museum exhibits and programs and operate the Museum’s Carousel.
- Greets and orients all visitors, provides wayfinding, and communicates daily happenings to visitors.
- Facilitates Museum Learning programs and guides experiences that encourage families to discover, imagine, get curious, and learn through play.
- Operates Museum’s Carousel; ensures safety procedures are being followed by all visitors.
- Assists Admissions with processing tickets, membership sales and wayfinding.
- Assists Museum Learning and Admission staff in maintaining opening/set up and closing/clean up procedures.
- Ensures that each visitor receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of visitor service.
- Ability to detect, assess, identify, and observe surroundings to make sound judgments, along with the ability communicate verbally, comprehend, and decipher information accurately, using a two- way radio and telephone.
- Models exemplar customer service, discretion, and professionalism in all interactions with visitors and staff.
- Maintains a safe Museum environment by enforcing Museum policies and procedures, communicating any potential or active problems to the appropriate Museum staff through the approved channels, assist Security and Admissions with visitor’s safety and well-being issues, and providing basic first aid if needed.
- Interested and curious about history and sharing knowledge to diverse audiences.
- Track performance metrics.
- Knowledgeable about Museum membership and actively promotes memberships.
- Maintains a good standing attitude and work ethic while providing excellent visitor service and strives to maintain harmonious relations with staff.
- Must be at least 18 years or older. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, Museum Education/Museum Studies, Hospitality encouraged. Undergrad and graduate students and retired educators encouraged to apply.
- Ability to independently critically think about issues and problem solve and in a fast-paced environment
- Cashier experience preferred.
- Excellent time management skills, proven ability to multi-task, can independently execute a task from start to finish with little or ambiguous instructions, attention to details.
- Must be comfortable and proficient speaking in front of large and small groups of both children and adults
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Experience effectively speaking with children and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Flexible, can easily adapt to new policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- This position involves substantial standing and walking; minimal sitting; substantial talking and hearing in a high noise level environment near moving mechanical parts.
- CPR and First Aid Certified preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education that has led to the development of comparable skills, abilities, and perspectives.
- Availability to work on weekends, evenings, and holidays in addition to weekdays.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be completed prior to hire.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster as well as an influenza vaccination are required for hire.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being executed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position or individual. Other duties may be required in addition to those outlined.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity is applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.