Admissions Assistants are responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Museum visitors. They must be knowledgeable about all Museum products including ticket sales, membership, discounts, and programs. Admissions Assistants serve as an ambassador for the Museum, greeting visitors and answering questions about the Museum.
This is a part-time position with approximately 20-24 hours per week. Must have availability on weekends and holiday flexibility
- Greet visitors and assist with ticket and/or membership sales. Answer visitor questions regarding Museum exhibits and programs. Provide exceptional service to all visitors.
- Maintain awareness of all products including but not limited to memberships, special events, and promotions.
- Reconcile cash, credit cards, coupons before and after each shift.
- Operate Museum’s Carousel; ensure safety procedures are being followed by all visitors; clean/sanitize between rides and take payment as needed for carousel riders.
- Ensure that the Museum’s rules and safety standard requirements are always followed. Know and understand the emergency action plans.
- Assist with Museum projects during downtime or as needed.
- Actively participate in all training classes and properly implement new skills.
- Assist in training new staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree, or Vocational or technical school degree/field of study, preferred.
- Bi-lingual, preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service and sales; working in a Museum or similar environment a plus.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers & supervisor via email. Strong telephone etiquette — with a clear, concise, pleasant speaking manner. Excellent listening and comprehension skills.
- Must have cash-handling and POS system experience, basic math and computer skills are required.
- Experience working with a ticketing system strongly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work in a positive environment and be a team player.
- Good oral communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Touch Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, age veteran status, disability, citizenship, ethnicity language, socio-economic status, family or marital status or other classifications identified and protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, training, wage & salary administration, employee benefits, application of policies and other terms and conditions of employment.