The Member & Visitor Experience Manager oversees the daily operations of admissions, membership, and overall visitor experience. The Manager will facilitate an environment of excellent customer service while providing support to the admissions and visitor experience teams through mentoring and training that foster inclusion and understanding of the communities the Museum serves.
The Member & Visitor Experience Manager will collaborate with the Sr. Director, Member & Visitor Experience and marketing team on membership and ticketing promotions that support and grow the museum’s attendance and revenue goals.
The Member & Visitor Experience Manager is an experienced, collaborative, and detail-oriented professional who will oversee all Museum functions as it relates to membership, admissions, and visitor experience.
Staff Development and Management
- Oversee hiring, training, and evaluating staff with an emphasis on developing and mentoring staff to create a best-in-class experience for visitors and staff alike.
- Conduct annual staff evaluations including goal setting, mid-year, and end of year reviews.
- Give guidance and resources to the Visitor Experience Supervisors in developing schedules for Admissions and Visitor Experience staff.
- Approve timesheets and manage PTO requests in ADP.
- Provide support to team through daily morning and end of day meetings to assess daily successes and challenges and implement changes as needed.
- Work with the Senior Director, Member & Visitor Experience and Chief People & Culture Officer on staff training efforts for continued growth and learning that is reflective of the Museum’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Operations on all security needs as it relates to visitor experience and ensure constructive cooperation between Admissions, Visitor Experience, and security staff.
Membership, Ticketing, and Customer Service Management
- Partner with marketing and communications on membership promotions including seasonal merchandise offered as member incentives and special discounts. Collaborate on monthly communications for expiring and lapsed members to increase member retention as well as outreach to recruit new members.
- Liaise with Museum Events Manager to organize and execute special member only events. Partner with the Museum Learning team on member-only programs and workshops.
- Order and manage all membership and admissions supply needs including membership needs, carousel and parking tickets, printing needs, and general office supplies.
- Collaborate with Database Manager on releasing tickets and building out ticketing programs.
- Work with Visitor Experience Supervisors to ensure quick response time to all member and visitor inquiries including, ticket exchanges, refunds, and general concerns.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings to communicate important information as it relates to Admissions, Membership and Visitor Experience and to stay informed of Museum wide events and initiatives.
Data Management and Reporting
- Collaborate with the Database Manager on all data entry, query building and reporting needs as it relates to ticketing and membership programs.
- Manage all attendance dashboard reports in partnership with Database Manager.
- Remain informed and continue learning database (Altru) functions to leverage system capabilities to maximize the visitor experience.
- Strong cultural competency and an openness to learn about communities different than your own.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, museum studies, or other relevant degree.
- 5-8 years of sales and staff management experience in a corporate, non-profit, agency, Museum, or relevant field.
- Self-starter who is driven to provide a best-in-class experience for families inspiring them to learn through the power of play.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to manage and inspire a team.
- Highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable.
- Bi-lingual (preferred)
- Willing to work night/weekend events.
- Strong computer skills are required and experience with point-of-sale software and database/ticketing system is preferred (knowledge of Blackbaud Altru, a plus)
- Ability to manage and plan all necessary functions as it relates to membership, admissions, and visitor experience in partnership with colleagues, generating a positive work experience.
- Excellent oral communication, customer service and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work duties independent of supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, analyze situations and respond quickly to deliver effective solutions.
- Must have PA Act 153 clearances (PA criminal history, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse) completed prior to hire.
- All employees are required to have COVID-19 vaccination, COVID-19 booster, and flu vaccination, as a term and condition of employment.
Physical Requirements & Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including:
- Is regularly required to use hands and fingers.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers continuously.
- Is frequently required to stand and walk; will frequently be required to move from one position to another.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position, i.e., pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing.
- This job is performed in an office environment. The employee must be able to focus on assigned tasks where activity and interruptions are constant and demanding.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate but ongoing, noise level may be overstimulating at times.
- The individual performing this job must be comfortable in an environment where people are coming and going regularly.
- Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs; and stand for periods of time every day.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being executed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position or individual. Other duties may be assigned in addition to those described in this position description.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity is applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.