The Manager, Database Systems leads management of PTM data systems throughout the Museum. Responsible for Blackbaud database as it relates to all departments, including: Admissions/ticketing, Membership, Fundraising, Events, Workshops, Classes, Revenue tracking and Financial reconciliation. Serves as manager/leader giving guidance to all departments as they utilize databases. Develops and maintains quality controls and continuity – establishing processes and sets standards of use and protocols by all users. In addition, this position is responsible for compiling the Museum’s financial and non-financial data into reports that will assist in identifying trends and facilitate management decisions.
Museum-Wide Database Responsibilities:
- Serving as primary resource overseeing all database entries and information for admissions, membership, development, museum learning and finance, this position is highly collaborative, working across Museum departments with cross-functional teams. This position has a critical role in managing and improving the database environment.
- Designing queries and reports, onboarding new staff and conducting ongoing training for database protocols and procedures, and designing queries and customized reports for executive and other staff as needed.
- Manage database software subscriptions in cooperation with IT and stay current on all system updates in coordination with IT department, assuming overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the database.
- Responsible for overseeing ticketing and membership information and providing ticketing and membership reports.
- Responsible for overseeing, entering, and maintaining up-to-date prospect and donor information including entering new constituents and gift records; updating existing records; and performing database clean up and fundraising analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Process development department check requests, purchase orders, and petty cash receipts. Record and reconcile department expenses with financial administration.
- Lead gift processing by maintaining pledge records and acknowledgment systems for all contributions to include regular pledge, acknowledgement, and gift reports.
- Assist department with special events. Responsible for all donation forms and ensuring proper integration and display of the forms. Conduct donor research as needed.
- Handle all ticket and/or membership webforms, donations/giveaways including coding and tracking. Prepare cohesive revenue and expense data. Distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual attendance reports; Identify trends and developments in competitive environments.
- Provide constituent list management for outbound communications.
- Responsible for overseeing data entry and training Museum Learning staff on procedures and protocols for entering data in terms of attendance at special programs and other projects.
- Responsible for developing queries and reports for Museum Learning.
- Prepare FYE reporting and analysis; weekly, monthly, and quarterly reconciliation with Finance Department and prepare monthly fundraising/membership reports to be used for analysis, projections and/or presentations.
- Develop integrated revenue & expense analyses, projections, reports and presentations; correspond with financial administration regarding gift entry and processing, gift restrictions, etc.,
- Assist Finance Department as needed with annual audit and Federal 990.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree – Field of study: Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in analyzing and/or managing data; working with database system and able to implement training programs related to database system; preferred experiences with donor or fundraising database(s).
- Knowledge of Blackbaud databases and Constant Contact a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in database systems for non-profit organizations.
- Must have strong analysis and reasoning skills; examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Ability to break down complex information into component parts, sort and group data and sees themes in related information.
- Expertise in Office Suite and Financial Software; other database programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financial and statistical results.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Touch Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, age veteran status, disability, citizenship, ethnicity language, socio-economic status, family or marital status or other classifications identified and protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, training, wage & salary administration, employee benefits, application of policies and other terms and conditions of employment.