The Loading Dock and Security Associate is responsible for planning, organizing and monitoring the receiving, storage and distribution of mail and package deliveries to ensure a smooth and consistent Museum operation. Packages and supplies need to be distributed to the proper departments in an effective and efficient manner. The Associate is responsible for all sorting, delivery and pick up of internal and external mail and packages, and handles the processing of outgoing mail postage, including maintenance of the postage meter.
Additionally, the Associate provides assistance with security functions from the loading dock area: monitoring our visitors, staff, building, exhibits, parking, and grounds to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience for all.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and conditions of shipments. Determines most economical and efficient shipping method.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing mail/packages and prepares items for shipment (i.e. registered, FedEx). Routes items to departments in a timely manner.
- Reconciles invoices, packing slips and receiving reports with the Accounting Department and resolves discrepancies as they arise.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control. Oversees the movement of materials from receiving to appropriate department/s.
- Ensures shipping area is organized and clean.
- Responsible for operation of loading dock garage door.
- Monitor the security camera screen(s) and ensures that secure areas are locked.
- May be required to review recorded video related to a security issue.
- Enhance preventive security rather than apprehension.
- Promptly alert the Engineering Department in the event of the fire alarm panel activating.
- Adheres to all Museum policies, procedures, systems and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Prior security experience preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience in customer service, and knowledge of purchase coding and other shipping documentation a plus.
- Experience with shipping and receiving processes.
- Must have good computer skills, i.e., Microsoft programs.
- Experience working with a computerized Procurement System.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, written and presentation skills, and time-management skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work with the public and demonstrates friendliness, professionalism, enthusiasm, and a customer focus approach.
- Ability to follow oral instructions and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively while handling multiple assignments.
- Ability to move and handle packages throughout the Museum, weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs; and stand for periods of time every day.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Touch Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, age veteran status, disability, citizenship, ethnicity language, socio-economic status, family or marital status or other classifications identified and protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, training, wage & salary administration, employee benefits, application of policies and other terms and conditions of employment.