The Help Desk Technician will provide technical and administrative support for PTM users and related technology equipment. Reporting to the Director of Technology and Systems, you will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Museum’s PCs, printers, servers, and related technology equipment, along with tasks that include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades, and configurations.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT help desk.
- Monitor service requests via email and telephone, assist in hardware setup/troubleshooting/maintenance for CRM system (Altru), be able to prioritize the work orders based on importance.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstations. Document internal procedures.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and any additional specialized equipment needed.
- Create computer and email accounts for new employees using active directory, Office 365, Google administration, Altru, Financial Edge, other related software(s).
- Configure end user computing equipment (desktop/laptop), voicemail and phone extensions, setup user smartphones.
- Monitor and report licenses on applications/software/service agreements to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of hardware, software, and replacement parts; research & recommend appropriate purchases, updates, and acquisitions.
- Train new and established users on upgrades, changes, and improvements to software.
- Update the operating system and monitor memory usage hard drive space, network printing and technical resources.
- Administer setups of A/V for meetings, events, and exhibits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree or higher, or Vocational or technical school degree with a field of study in Information Technology preferred.
- Expertise in information systems; CompTIA A+ or MCP certification, preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Information Technology, Apple/Mac and or Client/Server environment experience a plus.
- Must display general knowledge and understanding of Information Technology concepts, PC/Mac Operating Systems, Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, Google, basic networking/ IP Telephony, and A/V.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, situations, and plan and execute projects in an efficient manner.
- Team player, flexible, high energy, innovative, and good sense of humor.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
Please Touch Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, citizenship, ethnicity language, socio-economic status, family or marital status or other classifications identified and protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, training, wage & salary administration, employee benefits, application of policies and other terms and conditions of employment.