The Help Desk Technician will provide technical and administrative support for PTM users and related technology equipment. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, you will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Museum’s PCs, printers, servers, and related technology equipment, along with tasks that include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades, and configurations.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Monitor service requests via email and telephone, assist in hardware setup/troubleshooting/maintenance for CRM system (Altru), while prioritizing the work orders based on importance.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstations. Document internal procedures.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and any additional specialized equipment needed.
- Create computer and email accounts for new employees using active directory, Office 365, Google administration, Altru, Financial Edge, other related software(s).
- Configure end user computing equipment (desktop/laptop), voicemail and phone extensions, setup user smartphones
- Monitor and report licenses on applications/software/service agreements to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of hardware, software, and replacement parts; research & recommend appropriate purchases, updates, and acquisitions.
- Train new and established users on upgrades, changes, and improvements to software.
- Update the operating system and monitor memory usage hard drive space, network printing and technical resources.
- Administer setups of A/V for meetings, events, and exhibits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree or higher, or Vocational or technical school degree with a field of study in Information Technology preferred.
- Expertise in information systems; CompTIA A+ or MCP certification, preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Information Technology, Apple/Mac and or Client/Server environment experience a plus.
- Must display General knowledge and understanding of Information Technology concepts, PC/Mac Operating Systems, Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, Google, basic networking/ IP Telephony, and A/V.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, situations, and plan and execute projects in an efficient manner.
- Team player, flexible, high energy, innovative, and good sense of humor.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) and booster. Flu shot is required by November 1st.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being executed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position or individual. Other duties may be required in addition to those outlined.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity is applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.