The Group Sales Manager will be responsible for developing the strategies and implementing the plan to generate a robust group sales business at Please Touch Museum. The individual will have accountability for maintaining and generating school, youth, camp, affinity, corporate, and tour and travel group experiences at the Museum. This position will act as a key representative of the Museum to these groups and support the Museum’s commitment to provide excellent customer service and operational support to deliver outstanding Museum experiences.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to produce sales from schools, youth groups, camps, affinity, corporate, and tour and travel group segments.
- Make sales calls, emails, or in person visits to key group sales contacts.
- Prepare monthly recap of ticket sales by segment with analysis to last year and budget.
- Work with Museum Learning team to create, promote and schedule in person guided, educational group tours for schools, youth groups, affinity, corporate, and tour & travel groups.
- Plan and organize each group visit including any room or transportation reservations.
- Prepare integrated ticket sales plan with attendance and revenue goals by audience segment.
- Protect integrity of ticket sales plan by upholding ticket price points by segment.
- Maintain data for each group visit in PTM database, Altru.
- Develop and oversee the production of sales materials.
- Maintain mailing lists for direct mail & email campaigns and recommend purchasing lists as warranted.
- Implement direct mailing & email campaigns and measure results versus costs.
- Track and respond to all group visit inquiries.
- Attend appropriate trade shows/webinars to promote group sales at the Museum.
- Engage with city and regional tourism and other entities to promote and grow group sales program.
- Prepare trade media list for Director, Marketing & Communications to utilize for periodic releases.
- Plan and implement familiarization tours with group sales contacts.
- Act as the main point of contact with Group leaders including welcoming and checking-in groups when they arrive and processing remaining payments upon arrival.
- Receive admissions training and assist the team as needed including but not limited to visitor/member customer service and visitor/member check-in.
- Perform other functions as directed.
- Two to three years’ experience in group sales of admissions to attractions.
- Experience working with non-profit institution a plus.
- Experience developing sales and direct mail materials preferred.
- Experience managing a database (Blackbaud/Altru products a plus).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, oral and written.
- Self-starter with ability to produce attendance and revenue goals with limited supervision.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Team player, flexible, innovative, interest in children and children’s museums.
- Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires occasional lifting from 15 to 20 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment such as computer, calculators, telephone, fax machines and other office equipment and devices as necessary.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- CPR and First Aid training preferred.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be completed prior to hire.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster as well as an influenza vaccination are required for hire.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity shall be applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.