This position is responsible for daily operations of the building including repair, replacement of all building related mechanical, electrical, plumbing, control systems, air handling units, and heat exchanger. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations and system breakdowns. HVAC, emergency monitoring systems (e.g. fire, smoke, security), lighting systems, electrical, and plumbing.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance functions on building HVAC system including filter changing adjust and/or replace belts, grease, and clean coils, etc.
- Maintain high pressure natural gas pump, domestic water pumps and boilers and maintain maintenance log. Process work orders and maintain a database of work completed.
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts and equipment.
- Take readings and maintain records on all building system, inspect mechanical and electrical systems, trace electrical system and circuits, operate switchgears, record inspections, and write reports for supervisors.
- Assist in performing preventive maintenance on equipment, as well as basic electric, plumbing, roofing, carpentry, and landscape work, as needed.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Responsible for performing painting work on interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of the facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. With approval from supervisor, orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Ensure integrity of emergency monitoring systems for smoke, fire, and security.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Class A City of Philadelphia Stationary Engineers License and a minimum of three years’ experience as a licensed stationary or operation engineer.
- A minimum of three years’ experience monitoring and operating building automation systems controlling a large and complex facility.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening events as needed.
- Team player who brings a collaborative spirit to a team-oriented work environment.
- Pleasant disposition interfacing with the public and communicating with visitors to the Museum.
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster as well as an influenza vaccination are required for hire.
- Physical Requirements: include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders and ability to lift/carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity shall be applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.