Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Technology, Infrastructure & Analytics is responsible for managing all aspects of PTM’s technology and systems infrastructure, the security of those systems along with PTM’s data and information. Working closely with leaders from all areas of the museum, The Director will lead the organization in technology growth and implementation, introducing the best strategic software improvements and technology opportunities.
- Collaborate with the IT team as you analyze problems, brainstorm solutions, and define and re-define roles.
- Coordinate with the IT team effective time management, goal setting, prioritization, and focus.
- Motivate the IT team through recognition, exchange of feedback, evaluating performance and setting expectations.
- Support the IT team by active listening and facilitating discussion.
- Manage the Database Manager and Help Desk Technician.
- Manages the planning and day-to-day operations of the technology environment, including the Audio/Visual equipment.
- Oversees and manages effective operation technology throughout the Museum and ensures strategic and operational alignment with PTM enterprise IT, Infrastructure and Analytic goals and objectives, including but not limited to IT operations management, resource management, IT processes & standards implementation, IT compliance management and information security management.
- Responsible for protecting and ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of all systems.
- Evaluate the current PTM technology environment, research opportunities for improvements and growth and develop the plan for all of stages of implementation.
- Participates proactively with leadership to optimize the use of information technology in support of mission and business strategies.
- Plan and coordinate the configuration and installation of all computers and networks for the Museum and employees.
- Manages the development, maintenance and oversight of annual operating and capital budgets for IT operations.
- Responsible for developing training plans for new employees on all PTM systems and for ongoing training for all PTM staff on new systems or platforms.
- Implement and ensure all technology and system policies and procedures are current and updated as needed.
- Create a system for managing updates and upgrades to hardware.
- Oversee and manage daily operation in accordance with IT standards and policies.
- Develop, implement and manage enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for vendor management to include negotiation of division-specific IT contracts, mediation of contractual disputes and amendments to core agreements.
- Manages and approves invoices for payment.
- Communicates successes, challenges, opportunities, trends, and lessons to COO.
- Responsible for scheduling, implementing, and tracking all IT project initiatives.
- Develops, communicates, and enforces IT governance processes & practices along with policy and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of information.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of an IT disaster recovery plan.
- Support the Help Desk Technician in the management of the cell phone inventory and usage.
- Must be a hands-on manager, available to work or fill-in when the Help Desk Technician is unavailable and available to work weekends and events, as needed.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with ten years of successive experience in a technology field in a multi-faceted user environment, with at least five years’ experience in a management capacity.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, organizational, relationship, communication, and negotiation skills (oral and written) are required.
- Experience in leading a continuously improving environment with a track record of achieving significant development year after year.
- Proven ability to promote collaborative thinking among leadership team.
- Proven leadership history in creating an environment that fosters learning, collaboration and enabling diverse teams to succeed.
- Ability to foster a commitment to continuous improvement and customer focused service across the organization.
- Ability to quickly understand the business and IT’s impact on operations.
- Proven track record of performance excellence in meeting targets and objectives.
- Proficient knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge base of database management and analytics.
- Proficiency in common business software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Blackbaud, Google, other relevant software, and cell phone operations
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to work under pressure, complete multi-task projects, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to embrace and demonstrate the Museum’s Mission, Values, and DEIBA Commitment.
- Must have PA Act 153 clearances (PA criminal history, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse) completed prior to hire.
- All employees are required to have COVID-19 vaccination, COVID-19 booster, and flu vaccination, as a term and condition of employment.
Physical Requirements & Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job is performed in an office environment. The employee must be able to focus on assigned tasks where activity and interruptions are constant and demanding.
- Is regularly required to use hands.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers continuously.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being executed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position or individual and may change at any time with or without notice.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity is applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.