The Director of Digital Engagement is responsible for building the technical and organizational infrastructure needed to create and launch a digital engagement strategy and platform to deliver informal learning opportunities for Please Touch Museum member families, school groups, and beyond. In this newly created Museum function, the Director will lead the infrastructure, planning, pre- and post-production, and delivery of digital educational content across mediums to reflect best practices in informal learning pedagogy for early learners. Situated in the Marketing & Communications department, the Director will work in collaboration with colleagues in Museum Learning, Community Engagement & Inclusion, and IT to produce and distribute compelling educational content that will support future revenue generation.
- Using the results of a technology audit, identify, source and procure studio production equipment such as HD cameras, audio, lighting, etc.
- Create an in-house studio environment and remote production capabilities, including an inventory management system
- Manage, track and report on the grant-funded technology infrastructure budget
- Create and launch a digital learning program series and corresponding platform(s) that will engage audiences outside of the traditional Museum as an extension of its mission to change a child’s life as they discover the power of learning through play
- Leverage Museum intellectual property, experts and exhibit experiences to conceptualize virtual play-based learning content for member families and school groups
- Collaborate with Chief Learning Officer and Museum Learning colleagues to integrate social-emotional learning and early childhood development principles into virtual offerings
- Source market research and best practices from external sources and museum colleagues to inform content strategy
- Create and execute content creation workflow including strategy, pre-production, scripting/storyboarding, content shoots, post-production and distribution, ensuring established brand standards are met
- Identify and mentor current staff to become talent for digital programming
Project Management, Budgeting and Reporting:
- Lead an internal working group to develop a strategy and implementation plan guided by market research and best practices to inform the infrastructure, project process, program design, content production and distribution platforms
- Liaise with three experts/thought leaders who will provide strategic counsel during key milestones along a two-year development process, as well as local community-based advisors
- Maintain and manage detailed records of status meetings and budgets for funder reporting
- Create and manage workflows for content development, production and distribution
- Track analytics and feedback to inform future strategy
- Work with Directors of Member & Visitor Services and Community Engagement & Inclusion to develop outreach strategies to strengthen relationships and strategize revenue growth opportunities through digital learning offerings
- Partner with the Director of Research & Evaluation to embed evaluation activities into digital initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in learning technologies, instructional technology, digital media and technology, telecommunications and media, or similar field, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience developing digital learning content for a mission-driven organization, preferably for young children in a museum-based environment
- Skilled in content strategy, scripting/storyboarding, videography, production, editing, and proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite with specialization in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Familiarity with content management systems, such as WordPress or Drupal, as well as current social media platforms and emerging mediums for content distribution
- Passion and infectious energy for digital engagement and learning, especially with diverse audiences
- Collaborative energy to synthesize cross-departmental input to produce compelling content to diverse audiences
- Current in digital engagement, content, and delivery best practices
- Comfortable with working in environments of cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent time and project management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to the latest digital accessibility standards
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative problem solving ability
- Work samples are required as part of the application
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be completed prior to hire
- COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for hire
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being executed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position or individual. Other duties may be required in addition to those outlined.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity is applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.