Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Creative Content Manager is responsible for creating and sharing dynamic, engaging content that supports Please Touch Museum’s mission and marketing goals. This person will serve as the Museum’s social media manager, primary in-house photographer and social video content creator, and assist with graphic design and branding needs.
This job is on site, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, with occasional night, weekend, or holiday hours as required for special events.
Photography and Videography:
- Act as Marketing & Communications Department’s primary in-house photographer and social videographer, regularly capturing the day-to-day activities of the Museum for use on website, social media, annual reports, print materials, etc.
- Manage photo asset library: organize, tag, and upload all photo & graphic assets to Museum database
- Coordinate with external photographers as needed
- Oversee the scheduling, producing, creating, copywriting, and crowdsourcing of photo and video content for the Museum’s social media channels, including a strong focus on Instagram reel creation
- Create relevant and engaging video content for social platforms, including Instagram reels, IGTV, TikTok
- Engage with audiences on social media and monitor direct messages to provide timely responses
- Create and maintain monthly social media calendar in alignment with Museum’s strategic goals and messaging
- Track & analyze social media insights, trends, tools, and new platforms, and make recommendations based on results
- Assist with paid social media campaigns and budgets
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads to website
- Create social media graphics, event promotional graphics, etc., that reflect branding standards and accomplish Museum goals
- Coordinate with external graphic designers as needed
- At the direction of the Director of Marketing, assist in maintaining brand continuity for outward-facing assets (such as presentation templates, printed visitor materials, etc.)
- Assist with upkeep of website — including regular updating of imagery, and participation in quality assurance review to ensure all content across site is accurate
- Create and/or support the creation of marketing emails as needed
- Actively participate in strategic brainstorming for Marketing Department
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Director of Marketing & Communications
Qualifications and Skills:
Who you are:
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Proactive and inventive: You are at ease asking questions, taking initiative, and proposing ideas — not just completing assigned tasks (though that’s important too!).
- Friendly and confident: You are comfortable interacting with and engaging visiting families on the Museum floor as needed, especially when taking photos or filming video content.
- Organized and flexible: You set and meet deadlines, multitask well, and can prioritize competing tasks. You are able to switch gears when unexpected needs arise.
- Detail-oriented: You notice the little things — when the coloring is off in a photo, when a graphic needs more padding, when a comma is misplaced.
- Quick to learn, and passionate about it: You like learning new things, and are quick to pick up a new content management platform or photo editing software, or adapt to a new set of best practices for social algorithms. You’re proactive in troubleshooting issues when they arise and working to figure them out.
- Independent, but collaborative: You work well independently, but welcome the input of others and adjust as needed. You are happy to pitch in and help the team meet a collective goal.
- 2-4 years professional experience in communications, marketing, PR, graphic design, social media, or a related field
- Proficient with DSLR photography and photo editing software (experience with sport or indoor event photography preferred)
- Experience with creating content and analyzing data for social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to work occasional nights, weekends and holidays for events
- Work samples are required as part of the application and should demonstrate proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. Work samples can include a portfolio of video, photography, graphic design, and/or other multimedia or visual art. We welcome a brief writing sample, though this is not required. In the absence of a writing sample, we will refer to your cover letter.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be completed prior to hire.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster as well as an influenza vaccination are required for hire.
Strongly preferred skills:
- Experience with creating and editing social media video content strongly preferred
- A background in graphic design or visual art is a plus, but not required
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being executed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position or individual. Other duties may be required in addition to those outlined.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Please Touch Museum to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on account of a person’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected group or status.
Equal opportunity is applied in all aspects of the employment relationship and personnel actions, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, orientation, assignment, employee development, discipline, promotion, demotion, transfer, assignment, separation, pay and compensation, benefits, layoff and recall, granting of and return from leave of absence, training and education, employee facilities, and social programs. Furthermore, all employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.