Admissions & Membership Assistants are responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Museum visitors. They must be knowledgeable about all Museum products including ticket sales, membership, discounts, and programs. Admissions & Membership Assistants serve an ambassador for the Museum, greeting visitors and answering questions about the Museum and serving PTM’s membership base. This position will also be responsible for assisting in membership administrative duties and continued stewardship of PTM Members. This position is also expected to ensure that Museum safety standards and procedures are followed along with flexibility to assist in other areas of the Museum as needed.
- Greet visitors and assist with ticket and/or membership sales. Answer visitor questions regarding Museum exhibits and programs. Provide exceptional service to all visitors. Maintain awareness of all products including but not limited to memberships, special events, and promotions.
- Reconcile cash, credit cards, coupons before and after each shift.
- Assist in managing data entry for the membership program, including processing all new and renewal memberships from on-line, admission sales, phone sales, and mail-in channels through data systems.
- Provide high level of service to foster strong relationship with current and former members.
- Coordinate administrative duties related to the Museum’s membership program, including general membership appeals, renewals, event mailings and updating member records.
- Provide support for department efforts, such as but not limited to membership mailings, membership packets, assist with member events, data entry of memberships, answering all membership emails; and answering membership phone inquiries.
- Update and maintain accurate member records and information in Altru and hard copy files.
- Actively participate in all training classes and properly implement new skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree, vocational or technical school degree/field of study, preferred.
- Bi-lingual, preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service and sales and working in a Museum or similar environment field a plus.
- Basic computer skills are required. Experience with POS systems, and membership software (Altru database) preferred.
- Must have cash-handling experience and exceptional mathematical skills. Must be detailed oriented.
- Experience working with a ticketing system strongly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work in a positive environment and be a team player.
- Good oral communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work duties independent of supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, analyze situations and respond quickly to deliver effective solutions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10-20 lbs.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs; and stand for periods of time every day.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have any questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application, please email email@example.com.
Please Touch Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, age veteran status, disability, citizenship, ethnicity language, socio-economic status, family or marital status or other classifications identified and protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, training, wage & salary administration, employee benefits, application of policies and other terms and conditions of employment.