Admissions Assistant and Database Specialist are responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Museum visitors. They must be knowledgeable about all Museum products including ticket sales, membership, discounts, and programs in order to answer any questions in person or by phone. This position will also be responsible for assisting other departments of the Museum with any database needs. This position is also expected to ensure that Museum safety standards and procedures are followed along with flexibility to assist in other areas of the Museum as needed.
- Greet visitors and assist with ticket and/or membership sales.
- Act as an ambassador for the Museum, greeting visitors and answering questions about the Museum. Provide exceptional service to all visitors.
- Answering and returning phone calls regarding inquiries by members or visitors.
- Maintain awareness of all products including but not limited to memberships, special events, and promotions.
- Assist all departments with pulling emails lists, creating forms and reporting needs in Altru in order to support Museum functions, including forms for upcoming events, queries and reporting and POS tech support for the Admissions team.
- Actively participate in all training classes and properly implement new skills and assist in training new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree, vocational or technical school degree/field of study, preferred.
- Bi-lingual, preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service and sales; working in a Museum or similar environment a plus.
- Strong telephone etiquette – with a clear, concise, pleasant speaking manner. Excellent listening and comprehension skills.
- Basic computer skills are required. Ability to navigate functions of the Museum’s database, (experience in Altru database) preferred.
- Must have cash-handling experience and exceptional mathematical skills.
- Experience working with a ticketing system strongly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work in a positive environment and be a team player.
- Good oral communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, analyze situations and respond quickly to deliver effective solutions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10-20 lbs.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs; and stand for periods of time every day.
- Must have PA Criminal History, FBI fingerprints, and PA Child Abuse Clearances. All background check clearances must be complete prior to hire.
The position’s essential functions listed above describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
Please Touch Museum offers an excellent work environment, benefit, generous time off package and competitive salary. To apply for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Should you have questions on the application process or require assistance in completing our application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Touch Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, age veteran status, disability, citizenship, ethnicity language, socio-economic status, family or marital status or other classifications identified and protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, training, wage & salary administration, employee benefits, application of policies and other terms and conditions of employment.