Monday – Saturday: 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday: 11 am to 5 pm
Christmas Eve: 9 am to 3 pm
New Year’s Eve: 9 am to 3 pm
Thanksgiving and Christmas Day: CLOSED
The museum will be closed on February 27th for spring cleaning.
Members and children under age 1: Free
Adults and children 1 and older: $19
Carousel Rides: $3
First Wednesday nights of each month, 4 to 7 p.m.: only: $2
Email email@example.com or call 215-581-3181
Bulk Ticket Rates:
Groups are always welcome at Please Touch Museum®! Whether you are visiting with a scout troop, family reunion, or Red Hat Society, groups of 15 or more may take advantage of a discounted bulk ticket rate available for advanced online* purchases only.
*The group rate is not available day of at the admissions desk and does not include a lunchroom reservation or carousel ride. For a formal field trip, please submit a reservation request form and our staff will follow up with you as soon as possible to confirm your reservation.
Discount Bulk Tickets: $14.50 per person
A minimum of 15 Please Touch Museum tickets can be pre-purchased at a discount rate here.
These tickets may be used at anytime, and are valid for 365 days. Please call (215) 581-3167 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Chaperon Policy: We ask that for every 5 children, there is one adult chaperon to assure the best experience for all visitors.
Museum memberships may not be used for group visits.
There is designated FREE bus parking directly behind the Museum on Lansdowne Avenue.
Groups may enter through general admissions and go straight to the ticket podium.
For additional information, please contact Group Sales at (215) 581-3167 or email@example.com.
Plan the Perfect Field Trip to PTM!
Please Touch Museum® is the ultimate field trip destination for young children. With two floors of interactive exhibits, children can experience thrills from running rivers to sending rockets into space. Every zone is meant to compliment your goals and lessons from the classroom, and is based on the Pennsylvania Standards of Learning. At PTM play is the foundation for a lifetime of learning, as we take a hands-on approach to exploring through our self-guided exhibits and programs. Each group is welcomed through a private group entrance, receives a personalized orientation, a reserved lunch break, a ride on our historic carousel, and enjoys hours of play in 6 exhibit zones. From the beginning of your visit to long past leaving the Museum walls, children build life-long memories and a foundation for learning.
School and Camp Field Trips
Groups of 15 or more are welcome with advance reservations Tuesday-Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All group reservations include an orientation, a group carousel ride, and 30 minute lunch break in our reserved lunchrooms.
All group reservations must be made in advance . For eligibility and availability call our Reservations Team at (215) 581-3167 or (215) 581-3170
For additional information, please contact Group Sales at (215) 581-3167 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Day Package, $17.00 per person: Spend your entire day at the Museum! With this package, your group is welcome to play in the Museum all day between 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Enjoy a group carousel ride and 30 minute lunch break in our reserved lunchrooms.
- Partial Day Package, $14.00 per person: Please Touch Museum’ partial day package features two hours of play in our galleries, a group carousel ride and a 30 minute lunch break in our reserved lunchrooms. A partial day visit to PTM lasts a total of 3 hours.
Important Group Information
Reservations for your group’s visit must be made at least four weeks in advance. Walk-in groups, if they can be accommodated, will be charged full admission price per person ($17).
Please note: School Groups located in the City of Philadelphia may be eligible for subsidized admission (Sept-May only). Since our Philadelphia group slots fill quickly, we urge you to make your reservations several weeks in advance. Cancellation fees may apply.
Please attempt to arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your scheduled arrival time so that we may properly register your group. If a group arrives after their scheduled lunch time, they may be subject to a change in schedule or loss of lunch room availability
*Memberships and/or general Discounts/Promotions cannot be applied towards Group Visit Admission.
Please call (215) 581-3168 or (215) 581-3170 for eligibility and availability.
In order to ensure the best experience for all visitors, we ask that you provide one chaperon for every 5 children. For every 25 children visiting, one adult chaperon will be admitted free of charge. *Memberships and/or general Discounts/Promotions cannot be applied towards Group Visit Admission.
Payment & Cancellation Policies
Deposit Requirements:Please submit 50% deposit at least two weeks in advance of your visit. Due to high demand and limited availability; if the Museum has not received a 50% deposit of your total amount required to hold your slot by ten (10) business days prior to your visit, the hold on your scheduled group visit will be subject to cancellation and offered to another group.
A $50.00 rescheduling fee is required when giving less than 10 business days’ notice. Final payment is due on the day of your visit and can be made via cash, credit card, institutional check, or money order.
Cancellation: Requests for group visit cancellations – for any reasons- must be received at least ten (10) business days prior to visit. Cancellation of a group visit less than ten (10) business days prior to your visit will result in a forfeited deposit and/or $50.00 cancellation fee.
Brown bag lunches are welcome and may be enjoyed in our private lunch rooms. Your lunch time will be assigned upon booking your group visit, and itinerary sent with confirmation. For the safety of all our guests, we suggest packing only non-glass containers in lunches.
Please Touch Museum also offers boxed lunches from the Please Taste Café. Our student box lunches feature a variety of sandwich options with healthy drinks and snacks. Pricing starts at $6.95 per person. Please ask our Reservations Team for more details, (215) 581-3168 or (215) 581-3170, as these lunches must be reserved in advance.
There is designated FREE bus parking directly behind the Museum on Lansdowne Avenue. Groups enter Please Touch Museum through a dedicated school group entrance off Lansdowne Avenue (at the back of Memorial Hall) for check-in.
Location: Please Touch Museum is located at Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park, 4231 Avenue of the Republic Philadelphia, PA 19131. Conveniently just off 76’s Montgomery Drive Exit (#341).
ATTN GPS USERS: Use “4231 N. Concourse Drive” for directions.
Teacher and Director Resources
Teachers and Directors:
All Please Touch Museum exhibits incorporate elements of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware State Curriculum.
The Museum’s Education Department has also created curriculum based materials for use in your classroom. The exhibit one-sheets include educational objectives, recommended book-lists, and a variety of classroom activities: art, creative dramatics, music, and STEAM.
Email email@example.com, call 215-581-3168 or fill out this form.
Birthday Parties at PTM
Let us do all the work, so you can have all the fun! Please Touch Museum® Birthday Parties offer a unique and fun-filled experience that your child, family and friends will never forget. Our birthday party packages include everything you need to celebrate your child in style. With all day Museum access for all of your guests included in every package, Please Touch Museum Birthday Parties are fun, easy and value filled!
Party Time slots: Saturdays: 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm and Sundays: 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm
Since our party slots fill quickly, we urge you to make your birthday party plans early! Book your Please Touch Museum birthday party today by calling (215) 581-3168 or (215) 581-3170, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an online request by clicking below.
Every Please Touch Museum Birthday Party Package includes:
- All-day access to the entire museum for all guests
- One-hour exclusive party room experience
- Dedicated PTM Birthday Party Facilitator
- Age appropriate activities and games for the birthday child and their friends
- Carousel tickets for all of your guests
- Special Please Touch Museum present for the birthday child
- Free parking for host in PTM’s dedicated lot
- Customized Please Touch Museum party invitations
- Decorative centerpieces featuring pinwheels for each of your party guests
- All paper products including activity placemats, utensils, plates and napkins
Optional Birthday Party Add-On’s Include (additional fees will apply):
- Kid friendly food and beverage packages
- Opportunity to add an extra thirty minutes in your private birthday party room
- Opportunity to purchase $5, $7, or $10 party favor bags from our Kids Shop featuring some of the store’s most popular items
- Themed decoration packages featuring our Wonderland Garden Tea party, Roadside Attractions Construction Party, Happy 1st Birthday Party (boy or girl) or a more Traditional Happy Birthday Party. Themed Party Rooms come fully decorated with activity placemats, table cloths, banners, ceiling danglers and more!
- Themed birthday cakes for up to 60 people
At your service! Your Dedicated Party Facilitators will make sure your party is a success by:
- Greeting and helping you unload your car upon arrival
- Decorating and setting up your party room
- Orienting your guests with the Museum
- Guiding your guests to the party rooms before the start of the party
- Facilitating all games and party activities
- Escorting your group to the Carousel at the end of your party room experience
- Storing all party gifts and left over food items and delivering them to your car upon departure
Members receive 15% off all prices listed below. Accommodation numbers listed below are inclusive of both children and adults.
Please note, all party food must be arranged through our onsite caterer. We offer a varied menu to accommodate all of your dietary needs, simply ask our reservationist for details.
Carousel House Party Package
For a truly exclusive Please Touch Museum birthday experience, host a private Carousel House birthday party! You and your guests will be treated to early morning VIP access to the Museum before it opens to the public! Featuring age appropriate games for your birthday prince or princess, Carousel rides and a breakfast or lunch buffet for all to enjoy!
Carousel House Party Package* (minimum 70 guests): Starting at $2,920.00
*Carousel House birthday parties are booked Sundays ONLY, 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. based on rental availability
- Full day Museum access for you and all your guests
- Unlimited carousel rides during the birthday party
- Decorations including: table cloths,festive pinwheel centerpieces, themed placemats, garland, and a “Happy Birthday Banner”
- A dedicated birthday party facilitator, who will assist with party games and activities
- Parking Vouchers for up to 3 vehicles
- A themed Please Touch Museum present for the birthday child
- Coupons for our Kid’s Shop for all guests
- Deluxe Breakfast or Lunch Buffet
- Food Attendant
Themed Decoration Packages
Add a themed decoration package to any Please Touch Museum birthday party package for your child’s next birthday bash. Choose from our Wonderland Garden Tea Party package, a Roadside Attractions Construction Zone package, a traditional festive décor package, or a fun-filled one year old theme to spark your guest’s imaginations. Themed Party Rooms come fully decorated so you can simply enjoy the party with your child and guests!
All Birthday Decoration Packages include:
- Themed activity placemats for each child
- Festive table cloths
- Themed “Happy Birthday Banner”
- Themed garland and wall decals
- Themed ceiling danglers
Small Party Room Decoration Package: $30.00
Large Party Room Decoration Package: $45.00
Themed Birthday Cakes at Please Touch Museum
Have your cake and eat it too at Please Touch Museum! In an effort to provide the most enjoyable experience at a Please Touch Museum birthday party, we are pleased to now offer themed birthday cakes as an add-on to your party package. Cakes are offered in various themes and sizes to perfectly suit your child’s special day at the Museum!
Select from the following cake decoration themes:
- Garden Tea Party
- Construction Zone Party
- Happy 1st Birthday
- Festive Please Touch Museum Party
- Half sheet cake (feeds up to 30): $40
- Full sheet cake (feeds up to 60): $65
Birthday Party Policies
Reserving Your Party:
- If you are booking more than a month in advance, we require a 25% deposit. The remaining balance will be due thirty (30) days prior to the party date.
- For all parties booking less than thirty (30) days in advance, FULL payment will be required upon booking.
PTM will give the party host access to the Party Room 30 minutes before the party start time. Please make sure that your guests have arrived and checked in at the party desk prior to the start time of your event. If party guests arrive to the Museum after the completion of the birthday party, they will be responsible for paying the general admission rate of $17.00 per person.
- If notice of cancellation is received less than thirty (30) days but at least seven (7) days before Birthday Party date, the cancellation fee shall be 25% of Agreement Fee.
- If notice of cancellation is received less than seven (7) days before the Birthday Party date, the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the Agreement Fee.
First Wednesdays at Please Touch Museum feature two extra hours of play and deeply discounted admission on the first Wednesday of each month from 4:00-7:00 p.m. Admission is $2 per person during these hours.
Ways to Save
The Museum offers several discount programs for qualifying guests. Visit our ways to save page for more information on reduced admission programs.
Photography and Video
You may use still and video cameras in the museum. At the same time, note that we routinely capture images, video and audio for promotional purposes. Your entrance into the museum constitutes your consent to be photographed and appear in promotional materials.
Visitor safety and security is of the utmost importance to us. Please be aware that security cameras are in use throughout the Museum.
Please note that Please Touch Museum is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property. Please be mindful of your personal belongings when visiting the Museum.
For the safety of our visitors and staff, no weapons of any kind (concealed or open carry), firearms, or hazardous materials are permitted in the Museum or its grounds. The Museum is committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment. Anyone possessing any dangerous materials will be asked to remove it from our premises immediately.< Visit (Home)Getting Here >