Whether it’s your child’s birthday party, a school or camp field trip, a neighborhood outing, or even a wedding reception or corporate gala, Please Touch Museum and our historic Memorial Hall home is an ideal place for meaningful fun and celebration.
Group Visits and Field Trips
Groups of 15 or more can purchase advance discounted tickets by contacting the Sales Manager at 215-581-3170 that can be used once for up to one year from date of purchase and include free parking.
Field trip groups can visit Tuesdays through Fridays between 9:30 am and 3 pm. One adult chaperone is required for every five children.
Bring your students for a private group tour of our unique, limited-run feature exhibit The Fantastic World of Dan Yaccarino that blends original works of art with newly-imagined hands-on interactive exhibits!
All groups receive an orientation, a group carousel ride, and access to all museum exhibits.
A 30-minute lunch break in a reserved room is included. Lunches may be ordered in advance ($6.95 per person); you are welcome to bring your own brown bag lunches.
Full day is $18 per person; partial day (3 hours) is $15 per person.
For additional information, email us, call 215-581-3170, or submit a reservation request.
- Reservations must be made four weeks in advance.
- You must provide one adult chaperone for every five children.
- Memberships may not be used for group visits.
- PA ACCESS Card or other discounts do not apply.
- A 50% deposit must be made two weeks prior to hold your reservation.
- Deposits will be forfeited and additional fees will apply for cancellations or rescheduling within 10 business days of your scheduled visit.
Field trips can be scheduled for all-day or partial-day visits. Reservations must be made in advance by completing this online reservation request.
The Fantastic World of Dan Yaccarino School Tours*
The art of story is brought to life in this special exhibit featuring the original artwork of award-winning children’s author and illustrator Dan Yaccarino. Your students can enjoy a fun, interactive tour of this very special feature exhibit with our hands-on exhibits and art workshops! Click here to learn more about the exhibit.
A private, 60-minute tour for each class will include:
- Free play in the exhibit
- Guided open-ended discussions about original works of art with an educator to learn visual literacy skills
- A related hands-on art workshop where students are inspired to create their own stories with unique characters and settings.
Tours are led by experienced museum educators and may be customized to meet the needs of each class and educator based on grade level and interests.
Grades: Pre-K – 3rd Grade
Duration: 60 minutes
Themes: Storytelling and Art
Skills: Visual literacy, dramatic play, social and emotional, art
Tours must be booked at least two weeks in advance, pending availability.
Tours are offered Monday – Friday mornings at 9:30 and 11 am.
*Additional charges apply
We bring the play to you
We can come to your classroom, center, library, or agency with a trained staff member and play kits designed to promote creative learning for toddlers, pre-K or early-elementary students. Click here for more information.
Birthday parties can be scheduled for Saturdays or Sundays. Learn more about party options and how to make a reservation below.
Every birthday party package includes:
- Customized party invitations.
- All-day access to the museum.
- One-hour party room experience with decorative centerpieces, activity placemats, utensils, plates and napkins.
- Age appropriate activities and games.
- A special museum present for the birthday child.
- Free parking for the party host.
- A dedicated PTM party facilitator, who will help you unload your car and decorate the room, greet and guide your guests, facilitate games and party activities, and deliver presents and leftover food to your car upon departure.
Optional add-on’s include:
- Themed decorations
For additional information, email us, call 215-578-5146, or submit a reservation request.
Memorial Hall is a wonderful venue for weddings, mitzvahs, corporate galas and philanthropic receptions. Parties small and large (up to 3,000 guests) can sip cocktails next to a 70-foot flowing river, eat tea sandwiches in Alice in Wonderland’s garden and take a ride on a 1908 Dentzel Carousel and dance under a majestic dome.
Brulee Catering by Chef Jean-Marie Lacroix is the exclusive culinary provider to Please Touch Museum. Call 215-578-5186; email email@example.com; download a sales kit or submit the inquiry form below.
A soaring dome, 60-foot ceilings and a four-story-tall replica of the Statue of Liberty’s arm and torch — made from toys!
A fully restored 1908 Dentzel Carousel featuring hand-carved animals sits within a 9,000-square-foot glass enclosure.
Guests can “go down the rabbit hole” into the whimsical Wonderland exhibit and walk among fields of grass, lily ponds and a 70-foot flowing river.
Home to a hip, urban environment complete with high-rises, shops, a city park and even a SEPTA bus.
Features a detailed scale model of the 1876 Centennial Exhibition, for which Memorial Hall was built.
Forty-foot-high ceilings, marble floors and stunning views of Fairmount Park.
Download our brochure (pdf).
Contact Brulee Catering.