Please Touch Museum is committed to providing exhibits, programs, and public spaces that are inclusive and interactive for all visitors. Our Visitor Services staff has been trained to help visitors with individual needs—please don’t hesitate to ask!
Strollers are welcome in the museum and may be parked in our self-service coat room. The entire museum is wheelchair and stroller accessible (including cafe and restrooms).
Learn about Please Touch Museum’s Therapeutic Membership, created especially for organizations who serve children with varying disabilities.
Play Without Boundaries Initiative
Please Touch Museum’s Play without Boundaries program provides families of children with disabilities with innovative tools to make a museum visit more comfortable and enjoyable. The program creates a comprehensive welcoming structure for families of children with varying abilities through the following initiatives:
- Quiet Space of the Day, for children and families who need a sensory break during their visit. Just ask a staff member to point you in the right direction.
- Quiet Kits containing sensory cool-down items to set up larger quiet spaces for group visits.
- Sensory-based games and toys available in the Kids Store
- Specialized accessibility and inclusion training for staff
- Special Play without Boundaries evening and early morning events for families of children with disabilities
- Mobile programming that brings PTM-themed games and toys to schools, childcare centers, libraries, or social service agencies. For more information about Portable Play programs, please click here (include link to PPP)
- Accessibility tools for families of children with disabilities include museum stories and gallery maps
- Museum Stories describe each of the museum’s exhibits from a child’s perspective and will help you and your child choose the exhibits you want to visit. The stories, specially designed for children with developmental disabilities, utilize visual messages, and are appropriate for any child who would like to know about exhibits and activities in the museum. Stories and maps are available at the Admissions desk as well as in the download section of the website.
Play Without Boundaries is proudly supported by the Hamilton Family Foundation and Pfizer.
- Designated parking spaces are available in our visitor’s parking lot close to the building.
- Service animals are always welcome
- Wheelchairs are available in adult sizes, free of charge, at the Admissions desk on the first floor
- The entire museum is accessible, including the Carousel
- The elevator in Roadside Attractions serves each of the Museum’s two floors
- Ramps are located at the front entrance to the Museum and in River Adverntures
- All Bathrooms and water fountains are wheelchair accessible
- Read a mom’s tips on visiting the museum with a child in a wheelchair in our blog
- Restrooms are located on each floor.
- Ground floor:
- Before the coat room in the main lobby
- Near the SEPTA bus
- Carousel House
- Lower level:
- Near the birthday party rooms
- Behind Busy Build and ShopRite Supermarket
- Ground floor:
Where Can I Find…
- Sound reducing headphones?
- Quiet area of the day?
ANSWER: Feel free to ask someone at the information desk, or anyone in a purple PTM shirt!
- Roadside Attractions
- River Adventures
- Carousel House
- Hamilton Hall
- Gift Shop
- Please Taste Café
- Program room
- Story Castle
- City Capers
- Centennial Exploration
- Please Touch Playhouse
- Birthday Party rooms
Please Touch Museum partners with organizations and agencies to create programming for children with special needs. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or 215-578-5133.
Click for a list of Please Touch Museum Partners