July 11 – October 6, 2013
Please Touch Museum’s Grow Games (formerly ABC Games) kicks off this year on July 11th 2013 with an opening ceremony beginning at 10:00 a.m. featuring Olympians Rachel Dawson & Katie O’Donnell of the USA Olympic Field Hockey Team that played in London, England. Also, stop by KYW’s Kidcast Mobile Studio and discover your inner news anchor!
The Grow Games, part of Please Touch Museum’s Get Up and Grow™ healthy lifestyles initiative, are designed to encourage the growth and health of children’s minds and bodies through fitness and healthy eating. This exhibit creates opportunities for children to have a blast while also making positive choices about health.
From July 11th to October 6th, tiny visitors can test their strength, master their high jump skills, scale a rock climbing wall and exercise their imaginations during the Grow Games!
Programming highlights (free with general admission unless otherwise noted) include:
- Philadelphia Flyers Day, Friday, July 12, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Learn the game of hockey in PTM’s very own kid-sized hockey rink for Hooked on Hockey! Test your shooting skills against an inflatable goalie, meet Flyers Alum Todd “the Fridge” Fedoruk and more!
- Philadelphia Eagles Day, Monday, July 15, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Meet Eagles mascot SWOOP, enjoy beats from the Eagles Drumline, meet Eagles cheerleaders and more!
- US Open Tennis Day, Saturday, July 20, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Tennis is fun and accessible to kids and families everywhere. Join us as kid-sized tennis courts take over Hamilton Hall. With 10 and Under Tennis, smaller courts, shorter racquets and balls that bounce lower, makes it easier for kids to play the game and develop a love for the sport right from the start.
- Cradle Lacrosse Day, Saturday, August 3, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Kids will get a chance to learn the basic skills of lacrosse by participating in skill building activities outside on our front lawns. Also, don’t miss your chance to meet Brett Manney, Assistant Captain of the Philadelphia Wings, Professional Lacrosse Team.
- Sprout Family Challenge Day featuring SPORTACUS, Saturday, August 17: Inspire your family to get up and get active together with the Sprout Family Challenge featuring special guest SPORTACUS from Lazy Town! Check off the family challenges as you explore the Museum to keep your family active & energized. Appearances for SPORTACUS will take place in Hamilton Hall at 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & again from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Can’t make it on August 17? Don’t worry, kids and their families can participate in Sprout Family Challenges all month long at Please Touch Museum!
- *Stroller in the Park, Sunday, September 15, 8:00 a.m.: PTM’s family-friendly 5K walk in Fairmount Park, featuring a Health Pavilion, presented by Whole Foods Market, a healthy snacks tent, t-shirt and giveaway, a morning stretch with the Phillie Phanatic, and more! *Registration Required
- Soccer Day, Sunday, September 15, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Join Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer for some soccer drills and demonstrations on our front lawns. September is Youth Soccer Month! Sign your kids up for Soccer!
- Phillies Day, Thursday, September 26, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Join the Phillie Phanatic from 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. for Phanatic About Reading where he’ll act out the book, The Phillie Phanatic’s Phantastic Journey! Then from 11:15-12:00 p.m., Phillies Phanstormers will be on location for fun sing-a-longs and giveaways!