Year of the Goat!
Join us in our celebration of Chinese New Year an important traditional Chinese holiday celebrated at the turn of the Chinese calendar. In China, it is also known as the Spring Festival, the literal translation of the modern Chinese name.
In the program room, kids will get a chance to learn about Chinese characters and use ink brushes to recreate them. Meet Billy the Goat puppet, strolling in our galleries, enjoy Chinese New Year themed story times and last but not least, Ribbon Dancing in Hamilton Hall!
Also, don’t miss special performances by:
Melanie Hsu & The Philly Superhero Collective – Celebrate Chinese New Year’s with some epically fun superheroes! Bring your dancing shoes to Hamilton Hall as Mel Hsu & The Philly Superhero Collective play traditional Chinese kids songs with a big electro-pop twist.
Full list of programming:
- The music of Melanie Hsu & The Philly Superhero Collective Band Feb 19 & 20 at 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. and Feb 21 at 11:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. in Hamilton Hall
- Traditional Ribbon Dancing Feb 19 & 20 at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and Feb 21 at 10:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m. in Hamilton Hall
- Learn and experiment with Chinese calligraphy from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the Program Room
- Meet Billy the Goat puppet at 10:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
- Storytime in Storycastle featuring Chinese New Year themed books at 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.